|Anonymous | Login||2020-10-01 12:12 UTC|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002368||VCMI||Sound, music, videos||public||2016-01-08 11:31||2018-01-27 16:13|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.next|
|Summary||0002368: Missing feature - environment sounds|
|Description||Some objects in game must have background sounds that played when your hero stand next to them. Volume is depend on distance from them. I'll try to make a lists of these sound effects there.|
Max distance is 3 tiles. Less distance is higher volume:
3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 3 2 1 S 1 2 3 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3S - Sound source. It's size can be even 8x8 but sound always distribute to 3 tiles around it.
- Not sure there is any limit of number of different simultaneous sounds.
- Multiple tiles with same sound don't make volume higher.
- There also special surf sound 3 tiles from shoreline.
- When you're on water away from shoreline there is no background sounds. Same for land
|Additional Information||Most of objects does have background sound so it's easier to list one that don't have it:|
- Non-active objects (rocks, trees, etc).
- - Exceptions: Volcano's from lava terrain
- All monsters, heroes (include prison), towns.
- Pickables except Campfire
- Quest objects: Border Gate, Keymaster Tents, Seer's Hut, Spridion of Seer
- Hut of Magi, Eye of Magi
- All cartographers
- Some of rewardable objects don't have sounds:
- - Idol of fortune
- - Library of enlightenment
- - Tree of knowledge
- - Witch Hut
- - Oasis
- - Lean to
- - Corpse
- One of creature banks: Pyramid
- All water objects.
- - Exceptions: Whirlpool, sirens, buoy
- Other map objects:
- - Events, Signs, Warriors Tomb, Lighthouse, Magic well, Redwood, Freelancer's guild, Cover of darkness, Altar of Sacrifice
Notes about special terrain:
- Only two have sound: Magin plains and Cursed ground
- If multiple magical terrains is on top of each other only top terrain sound play. If top one don't have background sound then there is no sound.
- If two terrains only partially cover each other and you stay on then you may hear both sounds.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Attached Files|| SXX_Sound_effects_v1.h3m [^] (45,267 bytes) 2016-01-08 15:03|
levels-backgroundsounds.wav [^] (2,492,790 bytes) 2016-01-08 15:32
Also I suppose this also available in H3 configs, but anyway here is few notes about objects that do have sounds:
- All dwellings have sounds. There also standard sword collision sound that used by default.
- Almost sure that all mines include abandoned one have unique sound.
- Teleports have different sounds depend on type:
- - One way
- - Two way
- - Subterranean Gate
edited on: 2016-01-08 15:55
BTW here is WAV file with normalized sound from Magic plains. Using it it's should be easier to determine needed sound level depend on distance. In this file captured from H3 hero stand 4 tiles from magic plains and then moving by one. Each time background sound become louder.
From what I personally see:
S - When you stand on source is 100% volume
1 - Tiles around source have 90% volume
2 - One tile away is 60%
3 - Two tiles away is 30%
|Yes the amplitude goes like 90-60-30%. Please do not confuse amplitude with loudness ;)|
edited on: 2016-01-08 19:36
Sadly I'm have about zero experience with sound recording / editing so I have no idea how that's must work.
What loudness it's should be then?
UPD: Ok, I RTFM ;-)
So full list of ambient sounds is now on gist:
Idea for further improvement.
1) store also 4 tile away sound sources
2) update amplitude every frame during movement transition between tiles to make volume changes smooth.
Ok here is a bit of correction on original statement how ambient sounds work for objects. In case of visitable map objects sound only visitable tiles work as sound source.
Though for special terrains every tile is sound source and same valid for volcanos. Sadly I'm not sure how to handle that yet considering volcano is only static object that have ambient sound.
Mostly finished PoC implementation:
|2016-01-08 11:31||SXX||New Issue|
|2016-01-08 11:31||SXX||Status||new => confirmed|
|2016-01-08 12:25||SXX||Relationship added||related to 0001630|
|2016-01-08 14:11||SXX||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2016-01-08 14:22||SXX||File Added: SXX_Sound_effects_v1.h3m|
|2016-01-08 14:23||SXX||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2016-01-08 15:03||SXX||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2016-01-08 15:03||SXX||Additional Information Updated||View Revisions|
|2016-01-08 15:03||SXX||File Deleted: SXX_Sound_effects_v1.h3m|
|2016-01-08 15:03||SXX||File Added: SXX_Sound_effects_v1.h3m|
|2016-01-08 15:04||SXX||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2016-01-08 15:08||SXX||Note Added: 0006261|
|2016-01-08 15:32||SXX||File Added: levels-backgroundsounds.wav|
|2016-01-08 15:48||SXX||Note Added: 0006262|
|2016-01-08 15:55||SXX||Note Edited: 0006262||View Revisions|
|2016-01-08 16:13||Warmonger||Note Added: 0006263|
|2016-01-08 16:17||SXX||Note Added: 0006264|
|2016-01-08 19:36||SXX||Note Edited: 0006264||View Revisions|
|2016-02-11 01:24||SXX||Note Added: 0006413|
|2016-02-11 06:22||SXX||Assigned To||=> SXX|
|2016-02-11 06:22||SXX||Status||confirmed => assigned|
|2016-02-11 17:12||AVS||Note Added: 0006414|
|2016-02-12 00:04||SXX||Note Added: 0006415|
|2016-09-25 18:29||SXX||Note Added: 0006744|
|2018-01-27 16:13||SXX||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2018-01-27 16:13||SXX||Fixed in Version||=> 0.next|
|2018-01-27 16:13||SXX||Resolution||open => fixed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2020 MantisBT Team|