|Anonymous | Login||2023-09-22 21:53 UTC|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0003235||VCMI||GUI - PreGame||public||2022-09-19 07:19||2022-11-06 19:15|
|Platform||PC||OS||Windows 10||OS Version||Build 18362|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0003235: Game does not shut down VCMI server when exiting the game while selecting a map|
|Description||This is on version 1.0.0|
When you exit the game while choosing the map, the game doesn't shut down VCMI_server.exe. When you start the game again and try to choose a game mode, the game cannot advance past the "Connecting..." window. If you click the Back button and then choose the game mode again, the game crashes on connecting. VCMI server has to be killed with the task manager to fix this.
|Steps To Reproduce||1) Run VCMI launcher|
2) Start game
3) Press New Game or Load Game and choose any of Single Scenario, Multiplayer or Campaign so that you see the "Connecting..." window.
4) Close the game by pressing the X on the VCMI window in the corner while you see the Connecting window or while you are choosing a scenario to start.
5) Run VCMI launcher again and restart the game
6) Now, whenever you start a new game or load a game the game will be stuck on the Connecting window.
7) Hit back on the connecting window and then start/load a game.
8) Now the game will crash.
|Additional Information||This is especially likely to happen when using the VCMI launcher. When running the VCMI client something similar happens but the console window continues to stay open and if you close the console window it kills the VCMI server. But if you reproduce this bug with the VCMI launcher and then run VCMI client, the client will also not be able to continue past the Connecting window until you shut down the VCMI server with task manager.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Workaround introduced in 1.1
Client checks port and will notify user if connection cannot be established
|vcmiserver killed itself in most situations|
|2022-09-19 07:19||Yoshi2||New Issue|
|2022-09-23 21:52||Nordsoft||Note Added: 0008358|
|2022-11-06 19:15||Nordsoft||Note Added: 0008368|
|2022-11-06 19:15||Nordsoft||Status||new => resolved|
|2022-11-06 19:15||Nordsoft||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2022-11-06 19:15||Nordsoft||Assigned To||=> Nordsoft|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2023 MantisBT Team|